Discover Donovaly quickly, ecologically and comfortably from the seat of a modern e-scooter and enjoy a lot of fun on two wheels.
HUGO Bike is a luxury e-scooter that is produced by our neighbours in the Czech Republic. A robust and stable construction ensures easy handling and comfort even on long journeys. For more information on this product, visit www.hugobike.cz
The same traffic laws apply to an e-scooter as on a bicycle. So, you can enjoy the freedom of movement anywhere, in the towns as well as during your stay in Donovaly.
Don’t hesitate, try it out too! You can rent one at the ticket office in the parking lot at the bottom station of the cable car to Nová Hoľa.
|60 minutes||15 €|
|60 minutes with PS CARD||12 €|
|1 day||75 €|
* A € 30 deposit is required each time you rent an e-scooter!
Operating terms and conditions :
The renter is obligated to familiarize themselves with these operating instructions of the lessor before fully concluding the rental contract and fully respect and adhere to it. By signing the rental contract, the renter confirms that they have been made aware of these operating instructions and that the rights and obligations specified in the rental contract are acknowledged. The breach of these operating rules by the renter is considered a serious breach of the rental contract which shall result in its termination and compensation to the lessor if any damage has been incurred to the lessor.
Using an e-scooter:
- A scooter can only be rented by a person aged 18 years or older.
- Rental of a scooter is only possible after submitting any two of these documents:
a) a valid ID card b) a valid driving license c) a valid passport
- The e-scooter is designed for one person only. The performance of the scooter motor does not exceed 1kW, max. The speed must not exceed 25 kph.
- The renter is forbidden to offer the subject of the rental contract to a third party, with the exception of the renter's family members.
- The renter is required to check the e-scooter thoroughly before receiving it to check for any visible defects. Complaints made after this time shall not be recognised by the lessor. However, if the lessee finds any defects or shortcomings during the use of the e-scooter, they are obliged to report them when handing over the e-scooter
- The renter takes due note that they are riding on an e-scooter at their own responsibility and risk. The renter is required to use a safety helmet during use. It is also recommended to use knee and elbow protectors, spine protectors, reinforced gloves and sturdy footwear.
- The e-scooter must not be ridden by a person with impaired balance, poor vision or other health or physical limitations
- The renter takes due note that an e-scooter is intended to be used as a sporting item rather than as a full-fledged means of transport.
- It is forbidden to use alcoholic beverages, narcotics and to smoke while using an e-scooter.
Use on public roads:
- The operation of e-scooters on roads shall be governed by a Decree of the Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic laying down the details of the operation of vehicles in traffic on roads no. 464/2009 Coll. When using it, it is important to keep track of road traffic rules as you would when riding a bicycle. The e-scooter can be ridden on the right side of the road or on cycling paths. It can only be pushed on pavements. The maximum possible travelled distance as guaranteed by the manufacturer is 60 km. The distance travelled depends on the riding characteristics, riding style, the weight of the renter, and how the e-scooter is used.
- The e-scooter is intended primarily for use on asphalt roads and metalled forest and field roads. Due to its construction the e-scooter is not designed to be used in open terrain.
- If the scooter is not equipped with a white front light and a red rear lamp, it is not suitable to be used in on roads in reduced visibility. If a road is sufficiently lit and continuously illuminated, the front light can be replaced with a white light with intermittent lighting. The rear red light can be replaced with an intermittent red light.
- The risk of damage to the subject of the rental contract is transferred to the renter upon taking receipt of the said contract. The renter is obliged to act in such a way that the subject of said contract is not damaged by their activity or negligence.
- The renter is forbidden from altering in any way the construction of the e-scooter, making repairs and technical changes. If any alterations whatsoever are discovered, the renter is obliged to reimburse the lessor for all costs associated with the repair of the subject of the rental contract.
- The renter acknowledges that the lessor does not bear any liability for damages caused by the subject of the rental contract on their own property or other objects of movable or immovable property or damages incurred to other persons for the entire duration of the rental or to the health of the renter for the whole duration of the rental. The lessor shall also not be liable for damages caused by the renter in cases where a violation of these operating terms and conditions is found, or failure to comply with the laws of use on public roads. In the event of a road traffic offense, the renter is bound to pay a possible fine as well as other possible sanctions by the Police Inspectorate of the Police Force.
- The renter is responsible for damages caused by underestimation of their physical abilities and technical fitness whilst using the e-scooter.
- The renter also assumes responsibility for all the e-scooters rented to them and mentioned in the rental contract, as well as for any family members who may use the e-scooter.
- If the renter rents more e-scooters, e.g. also for persons under the age of 18, the renter is responsible for all the e-scooters as well as for all persons who use the e-scooters mentioned in the contract signed if they are under 18 years of age.
- In the event of a defect or breakdown of a e-scooter, the renter must reach the place of the rental themselves, the lessor shall not be obliged to transport the e-scooter together with the renter in such a case.
- In the event of alighting from the e-scooter, the renter is required to stop in a safe place from which they will not impede other road users and shall ensure e-scooter against theft by means of a security lock.
- In the event of damage or theft of the subject of the rental contract, the renter is obliged to report this event immediately to the lessor on telephone number 048/4199 881 and at the same time to the police.
- If the deadline for returning an e-scooter is not adhered to, the renter is obliged to pay the extra rental charges per the valid price list, respectively, this sum shall be deducted from the renter's deposit paid to the lessor at the time of concluding the rental contract.
- If an e-scooter or any part or accessory is lost, respectively, any damage, the renter is obliged to pay damages to the lessor at the amount as specified on the price list. The lessor has the right to deduct any damage incurred from the renter's deposit paid to the lessor at the time of concluding the rental contract.